22 June 2011

Winter 2010-2011

Not certain where I should start. I think that the winter months inspired me to get back into taking photographs and begin working on house projects. So, here are a few things that I experimented with...

Josh painted a bedroom a shade of navy blue.











I attempted to make pillows over my winter break. Of course I began with the most difficult stretchy fabric ever that resulted in a few sad sad pillows. After this one, I got the hang of it and made a few other pillows in different fabrics.





I did a bit of winter decorating. I know...festive. I sought out inspiration from Eddie Ross and his corny Kmart decorating internet commercials.











My parents came and my father installed the much anticipated fireplace...which I love.







Seeing him work on this made me ponder removing the carpet. So...







Underneath the carpet was hardwood; however, as you can see it was not cared for. Additionally, apparently in the 50s or 60s, to save money only the perimeter was stained and a rug was placed over the unstained parts. If it worked for them, it would work for me as well. I followed suit.



After I conquered the living room, I began on the dining room.







Oh, and we had some major snow that resulted in a few snow days from school and play!



I also became addicted to all flavors of Synergy Kombucha. The problem is that they are only available at Whole Foods.



Well, that ends the postings of the seasons. I have many more photographs to share. I am on summer break, so I will post more photographs soon. I went on an obsessive painting spree in my home, so that definitely will be a post that I share next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails