06 August 2009

Rocking Chair...

So, I captured a few photos of my rocking chair. This is the second coat (clear coat was first). Some strange hairy things are clinging to the rocker. I removed them with sand paper, but as I spray they re-appear. It is quite annoying. I do hope that this is not something that I have to contend with throughout the process. I see where my laziness is kicking me in the butt. I put stripper on the chair, but the legs were difficult to strip, so I see some of the chunky varnish present under the pain. Egad.



3 comments:

  1. perhaps some of the stripper is still on the wood which may cause the paint to peel off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that may be the case. Did you give it a good washing before the paint? Or a good wipe with the Tack Cloth? Hope you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did wash it twice...once with soap and water and once with just water...I do think that you are right about the left-over stripper.

    Maybe this weekend I will get a tack cloth, too? I need to get a mask! I have been doing it without. Sometimes, I use an old sock to cover my nose and mouth!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails